INTEX Newel Wraps can be applied around existing structural members or used in stand-alone, non-structural applications, delivering everything needed for a quick, easy, and secure installation.
Several newel posts wraps are also available in corner “C”, inline “L” and three-side “E” panel configurations. INTEX Newels are made from quality 5/8” thick PVC, and are designed for use with all INTEX Rail Systems. Custom sizing and applications are also available.
Newel Wrap Styles
Newel Wrap Styles
Recessed Panel with Inlay
Panel 4-Side; Line, Corner, End
Extruded 5″ Newels
- One-Piece Design Boasts Seamless, No-Miter Corners
- 48” Length Accommodates Both Stair & Level Rail Applications
- Adjustable Shim System to Compensate for Wood Post Size Variation
- Matte Finish Matches Across All Kitted INTEX Rail Systems
- Fits All INTEX Newel Caps, Lighted Caps, and Trim Rings
- Maintains Our Classic Sharp, Square Corners
- Available in a Standard 5” x 5” x 48” as Well as a 108″ Version
- Does Not Require Painting, But Can Be Painted (LRV>55)
Shims can be set for the distances listed above by aligning the ‘steps’ on each half to create desired thickness. Shims can only be set every 1/16th. If the size you need falls in between, use the next size down.
Fabricated 5″ & 6.5″ Newels
- NEWEL5 & NEWEL6.5
- 5″ x 48″ Dimension (4-¼” ID)
- 6-½” x 48″ Dimension (5-¾” ID)
- Available in custom heights
- Matte Finish / Crisp Corner
- NEWEL5 compatible w 4×4 or Post Mount
- NEWEL6.5 compatible w 4×4, 6×6, or Post Mount
- Compatible with standard or lighted newel caps
- Base option: NBTR5 / NBTR6.5 (WM75 Bed Molding)
Mid Newel Post Mount
INTEX Post Mounts are post surface mounts designed for installing a post to concrete, wood or composite decking. INTEX Post Mounts are wood post replacements and are designed with an adjustable leveling feature to ensure accurate installation. Post Mounts are made from steel with Dachromate coating for superior rust prevention in even the most severe environments.
For longer spans INTEX can provide a post mount with a PVC cover to allow for a continuous top rail while providing structural support at mid span up to 16 feet. INTEX Post Mounts can replace a pressure treated 4×4 and work well with INTEX Newel Post Wraps.
- Available in multiple standard & custom styles and sizes
- 6″, 8″, 10″, 12″ or custom size
- 3/8″ & 5/8″ Flush
- Recessed Panel (Shaker Style or with molded inlay)
- Routed Raised Panel
- Multiple Newel Lid Options
- “NTC” 2 Tier Flat & NPTC Pyramid (Most popular)
- Ball Finials Available (Major Cost Driver)
- Nantucket & Custom Newel Lids Available
- Includes Integrated Ball Finial
- Available in 3 Standard Sizes
Available in 2 Standard Heights
- 40″ H for 36″ Level Rail
- 50″ H for 42″ Level Rail and Bottom of Stair
Requires Post Mount (NEWELPOST36/42) & Hardware
Blu-Mount™ Post Surface Mounts are post surface mounts designed for installing a post to concrete or traditional wood framing. Blu-Mount™ is designed with an adjustable leveling feature to ensure accurate installation. They are made from Q235 steel with Dachromate coating for superior rust prevention in even the most severe environments. The aluminum guides are made from 6063 T5 Aluminum alloy.